A2R Think tank
This document has no intend to be a clean and organized place. This is just the place where any idea or any wish for the framework should go (unless it goes directly to the official roadmap).
- Include everything needed to make the linter work properly:
- Settings (through the
- File is copied at initialization, but what about possible updates?
- Is it possible for a npm package to install dev dependencies?
- There is a command to install extensions, we could use it (we need Linter and Prettier extensions for VS Code). More info here.
- Settings (through the
- When running on development mode, could be useful to add automatically
displayNameto page components (easier to work with React Chrome dev tools).
- When working on framework, you can use
corefolder and then
npm link a2rin any project you are using to test the framework. Would be nice to have a command flag so you can init a project this way, which is the best way to test framework features outside the framework without having to publish nor update packages (doesn’t work perfectly, but does the job most of the times).
List of command that would be nice having:
- build: compile files and run next build (add to package scripts)
- start: run built version (add to package scripts)
- traceSocket: activate client logs on sockets communication
- apiRebuild: rebuilds API
- apiMethodInfo: shows method info based on passed argument
- avoidOpen: avoids opening project on browser
- [✓] Watcher process should be stronger. Queue should be implemented and improve performance and pending tasks execution. Example: we might save one file multiple times in a short period of time… in these cases watcher shouldn’t compile file more than once. Instead of compiling inside the event handler, pending tasks should be added to a queue. Whenever a new task starts being processed, it should check for tasks about same file and remove extra tasks.
- When should we update main libraries like
typescript? NOTE: On 11th December 2019 I used
npm update. It updated all packages with available greater version and updated
package.jsonexcept for the packages that had a new major release.
- Add more commands to
package.json(test, etc) ?
- Should we execute
patchas part of
updatecommand? We are copying template contents again, could be some overwrite being done and also some deleted files coming back to life…